Sunday, May 10, 2009

MPW: TANYA MORGAN

There was a time in hip hop where if ?uestlove(drummer for The Roots)was backing an act, it would be in your best musical interest to go listen to them i.e. Nouveau Riche and Tanya Morgan and others. I usually always end up liking who he's backing, I mean its ?uesto, he's a smart guy.

Tanya Morgan was probably the last very good rap trio when they first came out. They were right on the heels of Little Brother and some ways they were better and other ways they were worse. They had/have interesting lyrics, dope beats, and humanistic feel to them. Their first album Moonlighting was ok. It had really good themes and ideas but the songs weren't all that great. I kinda put them on my musical mind shelf for a minute but they always had a place in my heart. And now its time for the return of Tanya Morgan:still the last best rap trio. I just sat here and listened to their second album Brooklynati on Myspace(in between going to Hallmark and Coldstone and watching the Lakers get their ass whooped) and its an obvious improvement from their last album. I'm almost willing to say it'll probably be one of the best hip hop albums of the year. MHM, i like it that much. Enjoi...

p.s. If you're a hip hop head, which i know at least half of you reading are not(no offense, i know who reads and who doesnt), you should be fucking going crazy when you hear this song on this video. I know i was.

No comments: