Sunday, May 10, 2009

And I Thought You Were Special

When I started this blog, It was hard as shit to get people to take time out read it and give feedback. Then I took Anna's advice about getting an email list(which I didn't even know about) and handpicked 10 people who I felt would read, comment, tell other people about it, and above all else, VISIT THE BLOG. And I remember saying to the people who I sent the invitation/message to about giving me their email for the list:if you don't want to be on the list don't give me your email. I explained that I felt like these people would support me and the blog and they're important to me. And to be honest, I'm thinking now that some folks just gave me their emails just to give it. Yes, Yes, Yes, I know people are busy! I don't even think I ask that much of my own friends to support it. My logic is, If you can spend time on Facebook, You Tube, or whatever, you could at least glance over the blog if not comment or read whats on here. Its kinda bad when you ask me about something and I have to say "I already talked about that on the blog" and you go "Oh my bad, I'll read it more". Or "My email is so convenient." "So you've never even seen the blog?"
"No" WTF IS THAT? The point of the email list was for you to get notified of posts and go look at them, maybe comment. I'm assuming people like what I'm doing on here because no one is really telling me to change anything or offering any suggestions which I am soooo open to. So if you don't like what I'm posting or if you're not interested, don't waste space on my email list when I could be giving it to people that actually read it. And I know who reads and who doesn't. Its kind of obvious by now. And I have taken those people off the email list already. If you have a problem, talk to me personally.

I still don't think most of you realize how important this blog is to me. I'm trying to entertain, inform, and make you think on here. Added with my the want to give my opinion and reach more people, those are the reasons why I started the blog. You may not think its a big deal to be on an email list or you make think this blog aint shit. If you do think like that, bye bye. Its sad that I have beg people I'm cool with to show some life on here. I guess I need to get famous or something so people could give a damn. And if you're thinking "If you talk about everything on the blog, what am I going to talk to you about in real life?" Please don't, because I have much to talk about in real life than on here and vice versa. And a conversation about something on here could be good for real life and vice versa. Yes, I will continue to inform about music and films and shit I think you dont know about. Yes, I will try to actually write more of my opinion on here, probably show some of my creative writing on here. Like I said, any suggestions, anything you want me to do less or or more of let me know.

F.B.

1 comment:

rose said...

cookie monster for LIFE.
soo basically the email on my blackberry has been messed up forever and the main reason i really wanna fix it now is becuase i wanna know about new blogs no matter where i am.. lol. true story.. but uh yeah. the email thing is really helpful and i really do appreciate it.