Sunday, February 22, 2009

Run It Back




I watched every minute of the Oscars. The Whole shit. Even when they gave out the awards for the less cared about categories like sound mixing and short animated film, and the wack performance of the two songs from Slumdog Millionaire. Overall, I was happy. I knew Slumdog was bout to smash tonight. Every time they won an award, I kept saying to myself and out loud "this shit better be good".

I literally jumped out of my seat when Sean Penn and Penelope Cruz won. I was like "Yeaaaahhh niggaaaa" haha. Very happy for those two. And I think the original screenplay went to the right place, even though In Bruges looks really good.
Hugh Jackman was a good host. I wouldnt mind if he did it again next year, although it was just weird to see him that position.

I guess the only things I didnt like about it was when Bill Maher presented Best Documentary. Was it me or was my dude like butt hurt about his documentary not being nominated? It was kind of annoying. Also, I wanted to slap the shit out of Alan Arkin for being up there presenting Best Supporting Actor because his old ass knows he shouldnt have won over Djimon Hudson in Blood Diamond. No Way Fam.

But yeah this was good. I'm happy. Had a brotha thinkin about his own future in the film business. My dad was like why are we watching this, and I thought to myself...."inspiration"? haha

p.s. Why wasnt Kate Winslet nominated for Revolutionary Road??? She was the shit in that movie. She had April Wheeler on point! The Reader Looks hella boring haha

3 comments:

LARISA said...

i thought it was so cute when kate winslet asked her dad to whistle cause she didn't know where he was, and after less than a second he did. that was sweet.

i thought it was a nice touch how the previous oscar winners had a little speech for the nominees too.

FRANKBEAR said...

Yeah that was cool. Halle Berry's speech was wack haha

rose said...

i totally knew youd be super happy about them winning. i feel the same way about slumdog, i think im gonna catch it on bootleg this weekend. im really happy that anne hathaway got nominated for rachel getting married, i cant wait to see it.