Monday, February 23, 2009

Music Pick of the Week: GRIZZLY BEAR

When Ezra was telling me about the bands he was listening to alot a couple of months before the end of last year, One band's name stayed in the back of my mind: Grizzly Bear. "Grizzly Bear? hahaha man you on some other shit" was what I said to him when he mentioned them. When I first listened to them, I thought they were ok, too slow for me. Now, a funny thing is, I was reading an article about them and I think it was the lead singer who said he'd rather someone not like them at first and then on a depressing day have that person listen to their album and then actually really like it as opposed to someone liking it immediately and then later can't standing the thing(something like that). That's exactly what happened to me. I actually sat down one day and listened to their album Yellow House and I loved it. Their approach to music and how the play it is unorthodox but its dope. Here's the song Two Weeks from their EP called Friend. This is my shit. haha.

No comments: