Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Music pick of the Week: J DILLA

I have said so much about Dilla over the years. I dont think I have felt anybody's influence on my music and how I look at music as much as him. I say alot about Danger Mouse being my inspiration but He and Dilla were my first when I started making beats. I mean Dilla just got music. From sampling, to drums, to vibes, to bass, to rapping, and singing, and just everything. He is the greatest hip hop producer of all time. And he could produce anyone too. I always say to ppl I know, I wish he was still alive so he could do the next Feist album or do a Jaylib 2 or do somebody's shit.I've been sad over other celeb deaths but not even close as I was when Dilla died. I mean I bought Donuts right before I went on a cruise. Its a 31 track instrumental album Dilla made right before he died. I listened to that and his album with Madlib(Jaylib) for a whole week. Thats all I listened to. He was already one of my top 5 fav producers but I just fell in love with his music even more. So like a lot of ppl on this earth, Dilla meant a lot to me. I didnt know him or nothing, but when someone inspires you to do something and makes you better at you what you do, you're going to feel that death. I chose to do the music pick of the week today because he died on this very day three years ago. Here's some footage of his main ppl he worked with before he died. First is his Detroit ppl and the next is his Los Angeles ppl. STILL FEELIN DILLA




No comments: