Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Chain Reaction Called Love

Now, this is only coming from my observations so bare with me on this, but it seems to me, that there has been like this.....epidemic happening around me with people that I know and I believe its called falling in love.

I have talked to two of my friends(one single, one taken, both girls) about my thoughts about what has been happening with people from the ages of..... lets say 19-21. It seems to me like most(not all) of the people I know in this age bracket are finding people that they could probably call soulmates after a year or so of being a couple. I'm not hating on this at all, the timing to me, is just really freaking weird. Like I swear it was like either people were single or in the middle last year and years before this. And then all of a sudden BOOOOOM; mafuckas been with the same person for a year or almost that long, maybe longer. I feel like some body's wedding is right around the corner and I do hope I am invited haha.

When I think about this, a scary thing pops into my head. What about the people who are single right now and have been for some time? Are we going to be that demographic who when we turn 26, 27, 28, or basically 30, will be hopefully in jobs we like, making decent or good or great money but be completely lonely? I'm not going to get into my history(1. its embarrassing. 2. all of the readers know) but I'm a little scared haha. Three of my best mates are in long term deals, one will probably be there sooner than later, and on the girl side.......shiiiit, I maybe have 3 or 4 single female friends. Thats not saying a lot because I know and talk to more than ten at least.

I do not think it has to do with maturity levels either. Well maybe it does and it doesnt, maybe its luck, maybe its doing the right thing, but maturity....naaaah i dont think so. So what is it? whats going on right now? haha When are the weddings? Do I get to dance at them? Will I catch the garter belt? We'll see. I guess I will have to stick it out in the land of couples and see what happens.

2 comments:

Chi said...

awwww haha totally agree...

rose said...

the thing about falling in love is that it doesnt only happen once. i mean yeah sure maybe some people find the person they wanna love for the rest of their lives and thats that, but at our age i dont think there's anything to worry about yet.. i mean we're single but i dont think we have that many things wrong with us, so we wont be alone forever lol. i actually think its cool being single at this age because it gives us more room to grow and experience things without any great restrictions, and its very rare to find a partner at this age that understands we're still growing up. sooo i say, lets not worry til we're 24. but i feel you,this weekend im going to another engagement party..sigh.