Saturday, April 25, 2009

Music Pick of the Week: FLYING LOTUS

YES, i know its suuuuper oooper duper late, and this may not count for this week since its the end of it but I dont care(its my blog haha). Now of course, I have to thank Jerry for hinting to me that I should give a listen to Flying Lotus "He's the west coast replacement for Madlib". And at the time I was like yeah cause Madlib was pissing us off musically haha. But really, he is way more than that. His instrumental album Los Angeles(came out last year) was very very influential on me and I still listen to it all the time and his other music for inspirtation. Dude is an amazing beat maker. In all actuality, he picked the soulful, hard hitting drum, relaxing vibe thing up after Dilla died and Madlib sort of disappeared(I blame PB Wolf)but one thing I like about the dude more than Dilla and Madlib is that he puts a lot of spacey sound in his beats. Thats been my shit ever since I started making beats. I'm pretty sure all who is reading this will like him if you dont already....

p.s. I just made like one of my favoritist beats fucking ever at like 1 in the morning last night. Larisa, you can thank him for the inspiration besides yourself haha I may post it I dont know.

Here's the opening track on Los Angeles(dog i fucking KNOCK THIS SHIT)


Flying Lotus Interview

No comments: