Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MY HERO






I just got done reading this book, and I'm pretty sure I love this man more than I did before. A lot of negative things are spoken about him from the times when he was alive even until this present day(yesterday actually) and most of it, if not all of it, is straight ignorance. A lot of people don't understand and at times don't want to understand what he stood for, and its sad. He was a symbol for improvement. Be it, black people, Islam, or America itself. He spoke the truth and people hated him for it. He was an extreme person because he had to be that way in an extreme time. If anyone took the time out to educate themselves on this man, they would see and understand, hopefully, his importance, to not only black people or Muslims, but America as a whole, and the change that it endured and the change that it still needs.

May 19th was his birthday and it's been a personal holiday for me for a couple of years. Rest in peace Malcolm X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Random, I want his glasses. Ha.