Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Top 10 Indie Hip Hop Albums Of All Time

Some of these albums should also be considered for best hip hop albums of all time, if someone where to do that. Maybe I should....maybe not. The idea of doing this first crossed my mind last night when I was listening to Murs and then this afternoon when Reflection Eternal was on, I was just like yeah, i'ma do it. SO, here is my top ten list of the best Indie Hip Hop Albums. I know some folks are going to be moaning and groaning about there not being any Atmosphere, or Mr. Lif, or MED, or Zion I, and so on, but we can argue if you want.....but then who REALLY wants to argue with me about hip hop???? Very few. =]

10.Labor Days:Aesop Rock
9.3rd Eye Vision:Hieroglyphics
8.Deadringer:RJD2
7.Ruff Draft:J Dilla
6.Black Star:Black Star(Mos Def and Talib Kweli)
5.The Listening: Little Brother
4.Murs 3:16 the 9th Edition:Murs and 9th Wonder
3.Below The Heavens:Blu and Exile
2.Madvilliany:Madvillian(MF DOOM and Madlib)
1.Train of Thought:Reflection Eternal(Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek)

No comments: