Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let Me Tell You About My Awards

Being an avid magazine reader, one thing that I always see each year are the awards that mags have. From GQ Man of The Year, to Thasher Magazine's skateboarding awards, and various music magazines who give you a list of the year's best albums. So in 2007 when myspace was at it's peak, I told everyone that I was going to do my own awards. Since I try my best to pay attention to whats going on in the arts and sometimes outside of them, and since I'm an opinionated person, I figured It'd be cool to do this. At first, they were called the "Jae B. Awards"(i'm usually more creative than that) but since I have my own official blog and I don't go by that name anymore, I'm changing it to the COOKIE MONSTER AWARDS....

What will the awards consist of? Well, there's music awards, film awards, websites, sayings, celeb awards, my own personal awards, and others. This will be the first year I actually have a list of nominees, and most likely, it will be the first year I face real opposition of what I have chosen. For some awards, like....Song of The Year, or Best Sports Team, I usually try not to use my bias too much and go off of impact or the facts I guess. But ultimately, these awards are my opinion of what I have observed over the span of 12 months in pop culture and moderately popular culture. I'm glad people care about what I have to say, and that I can get people to discuss and even argue about the winners and losers, and I'm glad people actually care about what I have to say(most of the time) and will support these Awards. Some people...well, a lot of people wont even give a person their ear if that person isn't popular or famous, so I would like to thank my readers and friends for sticking with me on this. 3rd times a charm! =]

*nominees will be posted sometime before Christmas

No comments: