Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Are You MAD???



I haven't been this crazy over a tv show since Grey's Anatomy first came on, and I was there for the first episode too. But after that show got worse, I went on to 30 Rock and the Office but not watching them really exclusively. I had seen an ad for Mad Men(ironically) in GQ I think, before It came out, and I was like hmmm, looks cool, but totally forgot about it. Such a mistake! I had bought the first season on dvd before I went to Hawaii(i think) and fell in love with it. Also, putting 3 of my friends onto the show in the process. I just spent two days watching the entire second season and watched the premiere of the third last night. You have go to watch this show. It's set in 1960's in the world of advertising. Everyone's problem with the show at first is the dialogue and its slowness to really grab your attention, but you have to really give it a chance. Once you do that, you will babbling about it for at least an hour like I do. The main character, Don Draper is the creative director at Sterling Cooper advertisement. He is feared, respected, hated, envied, and above all else, a magnet for the ladies. The thing about Don that will interest him, as well as everyone really, is that you want to get to know him, but he is the most guarded on the show. Very mysterious and evasive, Don is just that guy you wish you knew everything about yet, you enjoy and are entertained by the secrecy. There are only room for surprises as the next season starts to unfold and I wish everyone could watch it. Don't be surprised if Mad Men wins best tv show at the Emmy's and at the Cookie Monster awards =]

No comments: